Sustainable Development Goals
What are the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)?
- No Poverty – Economic growth must be inclusive to provide sustainable jobs and promote equality.
- Zero Hunger – The food and agriculture sector offers key solutions for development, and is central for hunger and poverty eradication.
- Good Health and Well-Being – Ensuring healthy lives and promoting the well-being for all at all ages is essential to sustainable development.
- Quality Education – Obtaining a quality education is the foundation to improving people’s lives and sustainable development.
- Gender Equality – Gender equality is not only a fundamental human right, but a necessary foundation for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world.
- Clean Water and Sanitation – Clean, accessible water for all is an essential part of the world we want to live in.
- Affordable and Clean Energy – Energy is central to nearly every major challenge and opportunity.
- Decent Work and Economic Growth – Sustainable economic growth will require societies to create the conditions that allow people to have quality jobs.
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure – Investments in infrastructure are crucial to achieving sustainable development.
- Reduced Inequalities – To reduce inequalities, policies should be universal in principle, paying attention to the needs of disadvantaged and marginalized populations.
- Sustainable Cities and Communities – There needs to be a future in which cities provide opportunities for all, with access to basic services, energy, housing, transportation and more.
- Responsible Production and Consumption – Responsible Production and Consumption.
- Climate Action – Climate change is a global challenge that affects everyone, everywhere.
- Life Below Water – Careful management of this essential global resource is a key feature of a sustainable future.
- Life On Land – Sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation, halt biodiversity loss.
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions – Access to justice for all, and building effective, accountable institutions at all levels.
- Partnerships for the Goals – Revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
These goals have been adopted from the UN charter.