Plan Cost Management
Plan cost management is the first process of the cost management knowledge area. This process documents the answer to the following questions.
- How the estimation of the planned activities will be performed?
- How the budget will be prepared?
- What are the different types of costs that should be part of the cost baseline?
- What will be the cost tolerance?
- How to determine the budget to manage risks?
- The scope of cost estimation, should we estimate the cost of the entire project or of a part of the project?
- What are tools, techniques, templates, reference estimation sources required for estimation?
- What are the metrics to report the cost performance of the project?
- How to monitor & control the cost (process, system, tools, people, training, etc)?
- Accounting code allocated by finance department for billing to customer or to make payments to vendor partners.
Plan Cost Management (Process Summary)
- Enterprise Environmental Factors
- Organizational Process Assets
- Project Charter
- Project Management Plan
Tools & Techniques
- Cost Management Plan