Benefits Management Plan
Project Benefits Management Plan is one of the subsidiary plan. This plan can include the following sections.
- Target benefits (e.g., the expected tangible and intangible value to be gained by the implementation of the project; financial value is expressed as net present value);
- Strategic alignment (e.g., how well the project benefits align to the business strategies of the organization);
- Timeframe for realizing benefits (e.g., benefits by phase, short-term, long-term, and ongoing);
- Benefits owner (e.g., the accountable person to monitor, record, and report realized benefits throughout the timeframe established in the plan);
- Metrics (e.g., the measures to be used to show benefits realized, direct measures, and indirect measures);
- Assumptions (e.g., factors expected to be in place or to be in evidence); and
- Risks (e.g., risks on the way of realization of benefits).